Sponsored by Snowflake
The COVID-19 Pandemic threatened the acquisition process and the accelerated delivery of goods and services to government agencies. Panelists in this session will examine how acquisition teams have addressed the challenges and opportunities of this global pandemic by using a variety of contract vehicles, Other Transaction Authority (OTA) contracts, and emerging technologies in the acquisition process. Acquisition leadership will also discuss how they served as “first responders” in acquisition delivery, collaboration, and innovation to rapidly secure the supply chain during this unprecedented time.
Potential topics include:
- How did agency partnerships enable the acquisition process and the rapid delivery of goods and services?
- How did agencies empower contracting officers to be more responsive to agency needs?
- What changes were made to accommodate agency needs?
- What processes are here to stay?
- What lessons were learned?
- What new acquisition strategies and opportunities are on the horizon?
Keith Johnson, Contracting Officer, NIH Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC)
Roya Konzman, Acting Division Director for Solutions Development, IT Services, GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service (FAS)
Charles "Chuck" Ross, Director, Procurement Service Division B, Technology Acquisition Center, VA
Moderator: Jason Miller, Executive Editor, Federal News Network